Academic Planning Resources
There are six options for Biology majors, emphasizing differing aspects of the field: General Biology; Ecology; Genetics and Developmental Biology; Neuroscience; Plant Biology; and Vertebrate Physiology.
Information For Biology MajorsCourse Requirements and Suggested Four-Year Academic Plans
- Plant Biology: Requirements Checksheet (pdf; doc); Plan (pdf)
- Vertebrate Physiology: Requirements Checksheet (pdf; doc); Plan (pdf)
Information for Biology MinorsRequirements for the Biology Minor
Additional Useful ResourcesPrintable Forms
- What are the "C-Required Courses"?
- What courses cannot be counted towards Biology major? (aka Disallowed Courses)
- What are supporting courses?
- What is the "practicum" requirement?
- Can I take courses as satisfactory/unsatisfactory rather than letter-graded?
- How do I drop a class and what is the effect of dropping a class?
- How do I check if a course taken at another institution will transfer to Penn State?
- How do ROTC credits count towards my Biology major?
- How do I know if I have met all requirements for graduation?